The UCPath online portal will be down on Saturday, October 15, 2022, from 6 am to 8 pm to perform maintenance.
Improved Navigation for UCPath Online
UCPath is updating the way you navigate UCPath Online. These enhancements will improve user experience with streamlined design and a modern, more intuitive look and feel.
These changes impact UCPath Online users who have expanded access. Users who only access self-service pages will not be impacted.
When will the change occur?
Improved navigation is scheduled to take effect Oct. 17, 2022.
What will look different?
- The PeopleSoft Menu on UCPath online navigation will no longer reside on the UCPath portal.
- The PeopleSoft menu link will be renamed PeopleSoft Homepage
- Users will navigate UCPath PeopleSoft pages through tiles. Tiles contain pages that are logically grouped together by business processes.
- The UCPath PeopleSoft navigation bar will move from the left to the right side of the page. The navigation bar displays recently visited pages and saved favorites.
- PeopleSoft pages can only be saved as favorites. Only UCPath Portal pages can be saved as bookmarks. To learn how to move items you have bookmarked in UCPath to favorites, please follow these instructions. Please complete all updates by Oct. 14.
What will remain the same?
- Security roles were not changed. User access to pages and employees remain the same.
- PeopleSoft favorites saved prior to Oct. 15 will migrate over with the improved navigation changes.
- Access to your own information or information you access as a manager via the UCPath portal.
Watch this video for more information about the change.
UCPath Auto Termination
What is auto termination (referred to as "auto term")?
Employees in certain classifications will have their job records automatically terminated on the date indicated in UCPath. Once this occurs, the individual should stop performing services.
Which job classifications are subject to auto term?
- Casual/Restricted Staff (non-academic)
- Limited Staff
- Contract Staff
How can I monitor job end dates?
UCPath Cognos has two reports to aid in monitoring job end dates
- R-103 - Jobs Approaching End Date (jobs ending in the next 90 days)
- R-385 - Escalation/Reminder of Approaching Job End Date (jobs ending within 10 days)
Gender Recognition & Lived Name Policy Implementation
What is the Gender Recognition & Lived Name Policy?
Gender identity is fundamentally personal, and the University of California should ensure that all individuals have university-issued identification documents and displays of personal identification information that recognize their accurate gender identity and lived name (first name, middle name and/or last name or surname). As a public research university, the collection of gender identity data is necessary for federal reporting and assessing gender equity. As such, this policy also provides guidance on the collection and reporting of gender identity, lived name and sexual orientation.
The full policy can be viewed here.
How is this policy being implemented at UC Merced?
UCPath is working to implement an iniative to collect and recognize an individuals lived/preferred name within the system, which will then populate in "down stream" system that utilize UCPat data. Additionally, a GRLN team is working to implement the policy across the campus. Please go here for more information on UC Merced's implementation plan.
What date does the new policy need to be implemented by?
Dec. 31, 2023